… I a vegades no ens en sortim.
There you go, another cover to start the year with some Pain:
It took me some time to be able to sing and play this one, but hopefully the result was worth it. Alright!
A few months ago, Andy Feehan asked me and 18 other musicians to play some parts of the old pop band aid song from 1984. But he wanted more glam, more epicness, more metal. He took all our parts and put them all together in a fantastic video that you should all watch because it will make you happy and it will make the children of Africa aware of Christmas and Jesus Christ, which will ultimately cure HIV and cancer and poverty and Goldman Sachs.
2013 came a few months ago… aaaaand it’s gone. So here you have the list of things that gave some sort of meaning to my life in the past year.
- Main organizer of NEMISIG 2013, Boston, MA, USA
- The Thing Bag Urine, Mà en Tarrina World Tour 2013
- Cover of Undertow, by Pain Of Salvation
- Cover of My Guitar Gently Weeps, by The Beatles
- I develop a system to automatically extract the sections of a song for Harmonix
- Doubts about eating meat, reduce the consumption of animal products significantly
- Cover of I’d live to a Lemur, by Estanislau Verdet
- Cover of 2010 by Pau Vallvé
- Vacations with Nat in Vancouver
- ICASSP 2014, Vancouver, Canada (paper here)
- AQL 2013, Cincinnati, OH, USA (paper here)
- Screaming Lesson Live in Cincinnati, in the Gala Dinner of AQL 2013
- I move to Brooklyn with Nat! In love with Brooklyn and with her
- New course on iOS Applications designed and taught by me for Master students of music technology at NYU
- NIME 2013, Kaist, South Korea (I didn’t go, Professor Tae Hong Park presented the paper)
- ICMC 2013, Perth, Australia (I didn’t go, Professor Tae Hong Park presented the paper)
- Cover of Un día en el Parque, by Love of Lesbian
- Vacations in Barcelona and Menorca with Nat! Festa Major and an amazing wedding of Bernat Maspons & Anna Masdevall. Live concert of The Bag Of Urine!
- Main instructor of C Programming for Music Technology at NYU
- Explorations of Meshuggah’s rhythm in Catch 33
- ISMIR 2013, Curitiba, Brazil (you can read the papers presented here, here and here)
- AirJam presented at CMMR 2013, Marseille, France (original paper here)
- Cover of 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle
- AirJam available on the AppStore
- My mom visits me in New York, and we sing at the Arlene’s Gorcery Karaoke!
- Christmas in Miami with Nat’s family
- Videoclip of Heavy Metal Christmas, with other 18 musicians and Andy Feehan!
- Vacations in the peninsula of Yucatán, México
- New Year’s Eve in Miami with Nat’s family
Happy new year Titanics!